Debian packaging progress

Jelmer Vernooij

Apr 12, 2014, 12:57:06 PM4/12/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
As some of you may be aware, I'm currently working on packaging bookie for Debian (and Ubuntu). The first step is getting all of the dependencies packaged (and there seem to be a lot :).

There are currently three mandatory dependencies left that are not present in Debian unstable:

 * python-breadability
 * python-charade (an indirect dependency, through python-breadability)
 * python-convoy

chardet should nowadays support everything charade does, so I've patched breadability to use chardet instead (https://github.com/bookieio/breadability/pull/26)

I've filed ITPs for breadability and convoy and uploaded packages to unstable. These are currently waiting review from the archive masters. See https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Once all dependencies are present in unstable, I'm planning on uploading a preliminary package to experimental.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Richard Harding

Apr 17, 2014, 8:42:32 PM4/17/14
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> As some of you may be aware, I'm currently working on packaging bookie for
> Debian (and Ubuntu). The first step is getting all of the dependencies
> packaged (and there seem to be a lot :).

Sorry for the delay. I've been out at Pycon and catching up now. First,
THIS IS AWESOME! I'm not all that sure how this would work for an app like
this, but I'm excited to learn how

> There are currently three mandatory dependencies left that are not present
> in Debian unstable:
>
> * python-breadability
> * python-charade (an indirect dependency, through python-breadability)
> * python-convoy
>
> chardet should nowadays support everything charade does, so I've patched
> breadability to use chardet instead
> (https://github.com/bookieio/breadability/pull/26)

Thanks, this is landed.

> I've filed ITPs for breadability and convoy and uploaded packages to
> unstable. These are currently waiting review from the archive masters.
> See https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
>
> Once all dependencies are present in unstable, I'm planning on uploading a
> preliminary package to experimental.

Very cool. I'm sure it'll be a bumpy ride, but I'm more than excited to see
how far we can get. Thanks so much for the effort on this.

--

Rick Harding
@mitechie