archive and bookmark function?

Alexander Lehmann

Dec 14, 2014, 5:31:36 PM12/14/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
While reading the previous question about the read-in-later function, I started thinking if it would be a good idea to have an archive button that creates an entry in archive.today or a similar service and then creates a bookie bookmark with that url.

This would be useful for pages that might go away later and would probably be possible without adding anything to bookie, rather it requires a bit of url parsing, either in javascript or as an url that triggers a few rest services in sequence.

This leaves public copies of each url (e.g. in archive.today), which may not be desirable in all cases, but that is not really a problem with bookie, rather with archive service).

Rick Harding

Dec 15, 2014, 12:22:32 AM12/15/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com

I'll have to check out archive.today. I've never seen it before. One of bookie's goals with the readable parsing has always been you have the page if it goes away. That with the reading and fulltext searching have been drivers since the start.

Rick