Update Bookie to permit an ElasticSearch/Solr backend for full text indexing of content.

Nidhi Jain

Mar 9, 2014, 8:17:59 AM3/9/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com, jainni...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am Nidhi Jain from India. I have worked with lucene for the purpose of Query retrieval and indexing. I have good command over javascript and python.

I am interested in Project "Update Bookie to permit an ElasticSearch/Solr backend for full text indexing of content."

I explored Bookie and its code.

To be clear with the project idea, i wanted to confirm if the idea is to index by the bookmarks title and the webpage content.

I hope you guide me if I am making any wrong assumptions.

Regards,
Nidhi Jain

Richard Harding

Mar 9, 2014, 9:03:44 AM3/9/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com, jainni...@gmail.com
Hello Nidhi. Yes, the idea is to update our current Whoosh fulltext
implementation by making it switchable and enabling users to setup
elasticsearch or solr for the indexing. Bookie indexes bookmarks by title,
description, tags, and the parsed html content. We also want to add some
support for splitting a url into parsable bits. The general idea is to help
allow the fulltext search to scale and to tweak it to provide great
results.

A side note is learning how to get up to speed on the service selected
(solr/ES) and able to configure and operate that service. So there's a
little bit of sysadmin skills in this project as well.

Let us know if you've got any questions.

--

Rick Harding
@mitechie

Nidhi Jain

Mar 9, 2014, 3:57:24 PM3/9/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com, jainni...@gmail.com
I would like to get some junior jobs for the project "Elastic Search/Solr backend".