[GSoC'14] Introduction, Monitoring 3rd party sites & private bookmark support

Shamim Hasnath

Mar 18, 2014, 10:32:40 AM3/18/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm Shamim Hasnath, 3rd year student, studying CSE in Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. I'm greatly interested in working with Bookie.

Besides my studies, I've worked for over a year as part time Django developer in a software company located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I've developed several Django & GAE apps. So I've great experience in working with Python, Django, GAE, Javascript, HTML/CSS, LESS etc.

I would like to work on Monitoring 3rd party sites for bookmarks. I've previously worked on oAuth and Facebook, Twitter api.
Also I've used Celery & SQLAlchemy in my django projects before. I never used Pyramid before, I've just started & I think it I'm really comfortable with it.

Besides monitoring 3rd party sites, I'm also interested in working on private bookmark support. Since 12 weeks is almost 3 months & private bookmark support is not that big of a task, I think I'll be able to complete both during the time period.

Besides these, I'd love to work on some more things (If not possible in the time period, may be after GSoC):
 1. Allowing users to "star/favourite" other user's bookmarks. Or may be copy other user's bookmark into mine.
 2. Auto refresh (or pull newest bookmarks) after a definite time interval in http://bmark.us/recent
 3. Quick add new bookmark using modal.

I have cloned the project & now running it locally.

Thank you and waiting to hear from you.

Best regards,
Shamim Hasnath
http//github.com/sha256
IRC nick: shamim096

Richard Harding

Mar 18, 2014, 7:52:55 PM3/18/14
On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Shamim Hasnath wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Shamim Hasnath, 3rd year student, studying CSE in Bangladesh University
> of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. I'm greatly
> interested in working with Bookie.
>
> Besides my studies, I've worked for over a year as part time Django
> developer in a software company located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I've
> developed several Django & GAE apps. So I've great experience in working
> with Python, Django, GAE, Javascript, HTML/CSS, LESS etc.
>
> I would like to work on Monitoring 3rd party sites for bookmarks. I've
> previously worked on oAuth and Facebook, Twitter api.
> Also I've used Celery & SQLAlchemy in my django projects before. I never
> used Pyramid before, I've just started & I think it I'm really comfortable
> with it.

Hello Shamin, unfortunately we've got several more quality proposals than
we have room for this GSoC. If you're interested in hacking on Bookie we're
more than happy to help, but want to be clear about the GSoC availability.

--

Rick Harding
@mitechie

Shamim Hasnath

Mar 19, 2014, 5:27:34 AM3/19/14
to bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if you have got the last few lines of my proposal (your reply didn't inlcude these), I'm sorry if that's not the case. However, I'd request you to look at my final proposal which I'll submit to Melange.

Here're the lines you might have missed: