contributing to open source

56 vues

chaitanya sai alaparthi

non lue,
11 déc. 2014, 08:19:5811/12/2014
à bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
  I am Chaitanya Sai Alaparthi. I have been programming in python
since a year,I have done small personal projects related to
webscrapping,implementing bash terminal,classical games like(pacman,snake) .... now I am interested in
contributing to open Source projects.So what I need to know??
please some one help!

Regards,
Chaitanya Sai.

Alexander Lehmann

non lue,
13 déc. 2014, 17:09:2313/12/2014
à bookie_b...@googlegroups.com
Most open source projects have a page describing what activities are needed and how people can join in.

From my point of view the best way to get into an open source project is to take a look at a program or library you are really using and look for things that can be improved.

You can usually contribute by answering questions in a forum, on stackoverflow, on IRC or on things like getsatisfaction. You can raise bugs and feature requests, you can assess bugs e.g. confirm them or write reproducers that show a bug. You can write unit tests that show bugs, you can fix the actual bugs, you can create and implement feature requests.
Most open source projects also need documentation writers, that is a great way to contribute for people not directly programming.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message