Re: [BD Propane Co-Op] Digest for bonny-doon-propane-co-op@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Blu Forman

Jan 27, 2017, 5:28:25 PM1/27/17
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a price markup increase in excess of 40% per gallon.

From their proposal I found

"Pricing: Markup of price per gallon above Bay Area Targa rate INCLUDES: sales

tax, transportation fees, haz-mat fees, any additional costs and all profit for the

propane supplier."

Am I missing something?

Blu

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 3:20 AM, <bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Bruce Korb <bruce...@gmail.com>: Jan 26 12:47PM -0800

SFO TARGA for January 1 is 1.04 plus .85 yields $1.89.
Some people are seeing $2.16 with the following explanation:

There has been a change in the pricing structure for your area.
The change we made is the pricing point is our the cost of propane
delivered to our Castroville Facility plus the 85 cents. The freight
is now being passed on. I have done research and the new costs
are still below current market.

Today’s price is $2.1635 per gallon.

Bryan Heath
Account Manager

Cell 831/227-6567
Fax 916/385-0049
www.ferrellgas.com
www.ferrellautogas.com
Stephen King <sjue...@gmail.com>: Jan 26 02:08PM -0800

All,

From the original bid dated October 2012:

" c. Freight Cost: Wholesale Cost Per Gallon will be figured FOB at Bay
Area Terminal.

d. Pricing: Markup of price per gallon above Bay Area Targa rate INCLUDES:
sales

tax, transportation fees, haz-mat fees, any additional costs and all profit
for the \

propane supplier. "

So I assume that this is a "transportation fee"?

Regards,

Stephen

Joe Ysselstein <joey...@hotmail.com>: Jan 26 11:18PM

Dear Bonny Doon Co-op members,

If anyone in the Bonny Doon propane co-op has seen a pricing change or an explanation letter of proposed pricing change please let me know so I can address it properly. It has been reported by members of the Boulder Creek Co-op that an attempted pricing change of an additional $0.15 per gallon has been added. As per our last contract with Ferrell Gas the $0.85/gallon total markup pricing structure is in place until October 1, 2018.

All documents including original RFP, contract and addendum can be viewed on the Bonny Doon Propane Google group page;

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bonny-doon-propane-co-op

Respectfully,

Joe Ysselstein

________________________________
SFO TARGA for January 1 is 1.04 plus .85 yields $1.89.
Some people are seeing $2.16 with the following explanation:

There has been a change in the pricing structure for your area.
The change we made is the pricing point is our the cost of propane
delivered to our Castroville Facility plus the 85 cents. The freight
is now being passed on. I have done research and the new costs
are still below current market.

Today's price is $2.1635 per gallon.

Bryan Heath
Account Manager

Cell 831/227-6567
Fax 916/385-0049
www.ferrellgas.com<http://www.ferrellgas.com>
www.ferrellautogas.com<http://www.ferrellautogas.com>

Blu's Music Blog: http://soundcloud.com/surfmuse

"If you are squeamish don't prod the beach rubble."
      ---Sappho

"This is soup and this is art. Art. Soup. Soup. Art. No, this is soup and this is art."
       --- Lily Tomlin's Trudy on Campbell's vs Andy Warhol's print of same.

Joe Ysselstein

Jan 27, 2017, 6:17:51 PM1/27/17
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com

I 'believe' that the recent comments that have appeared on the Bonny Doon Propane co-op group are from members of other propane co-ops in our area.  Although the Bonny Doon Group will have to renegotiate our contract, it isn't until October 1, 2018 and until that time our price is $0.85 /gallon over the Bay Area TARGA price published on the first of the month.  If you are in the Bonny Doon Propane co-op and are being charged a different price than stated above, then please inform the group. To prevent further confusion, if you are posting from outside the Bonny Doon Service area please state so in your comment.

Thanks!

Joe

Sent from Outlook