Keep it local?

chuck

Oct 2, 2012, 3:20:15 PM10/2/12
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op
Greetings and thanks to all those doing this work. I am looking
forward to learning more about Ferrellgas (http://ferrellgas.com), our
low bidder. Are the local companies not bidding because they don't
want to step on each others toes and get into a bidding war?

I need to look into what my costs of terminating with my current
supplier are, Mountain Propane, who have been good at keeping the tank
full.

While we all want to save money, we should try and consider all the
costs (almost impossible). Ferrellgas is a national corporation with
headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. As someone pointed out, their
closest distribution center seems to be in Los Banos. Supporting
locally owned companies is a way to support our community in multiple
ways.

Chuck Stein

Ed Landau

Oct 2, 2012, 3:36:58 PM10/2/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Fair point Chuck. Worth thinking about.
To answer your first questions, there is no way of knowing why others did
not bid other than what they told us... which is: "We already give our
customers the lowest price".

-Ed

Kim Sterling

Oct 21, 2012, 11:00:47 PM10/21/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Amerigas is a national company bigger than Ferrelgas. I Have definitely been supporting them too long.

Sent from my iPad