Results of Propane Supplier comparison

Ed Landau

Sep 29, 2012, 1:50:42 AM9/29/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com

Committee meeting on 9/25/2012 to review proposals.

Attendees: Kim, Sigrid, Joe, Ed

On 9/4/2012, Joe sent the Request for quote to: Amerigas, Suburban, Ferrell, Kamps and Pacific propane,  Coast, Northern, Dassel's and Mountain all stated they give ALL their customers great prices and service and couldn't give a lower price to the group [and did not want to receive the RFP].

Two quotes were received by the deadline: Suburban and Ferril.   No other vendor elected to bid (not waiting on anyone).

After reviewing both quotes, the committee unanimously agreed to move forward with Ferril’s proposal.

We will post Ferril’s proposal to the Google Group.  In Short:

·         Cost will be 85 cents above wholesale.
  • Tank Setup and existing fuel transfer is free.
  • Customers agree to be on "automatic" route.

Example: Current Dassles price per gallon is $2.53/gallon.   Ferrel’s quote would result is $1.64/gallon (85 cents over wholesale which was .79).   Average tank size is a about 200 gallons resulting in a savings of 89 cents per gallon * 200 gallons is $178.

Committee is still discussing how to manage membership fees and will have a decision within the week.   Likelyhood is that we will ask for a $15 “donation” to cover:   Website fees, subscription to the Propane newletter so we can check the wholesale propane price, and leftover to go do local charities.

The committee needs a treasurer.    Anyone interested in taking on this task (should not be more than an hour a month except at the start when we’re collecting fees)… please let me know.

We will also post instructions on how to get this great price shortly... hopefully within a week.

Thanks,
Ed, Joe, Kim, Sigrid, John.
This conversation is locked