Reliability/Service concerns

Dale D.

Nov 23, 2012, 5:51:55 PM11/23/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We're in the Pineridge area (off of Empire Grade) and are considering switching providers. I just talked with Suburban (our current provider), and then with Lisa, who was covering for Dionne K.  The concern raised by Suburban (after admitting that they're having a hard time figuring out how FerrellGas is able to provide the rate they're offering us)... is whether FerrellGas can provide adequate service, given their lack of a local yard. Lisa agreed that it is a concern, but that I should check with my neighbors to see how things are going...thus this email.

I've already completed the survey for this group, and am FAXing the docs to FerrelGas as soon as I finish this posting.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience so far...

Dale D.

Rich Hansen

Nov 24, 2012, 9:04:43 AM11/24/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com

Dale,

Understand your concern,  but there is little history with Ferrell's so far to form any opinions.  Ferrells did show up exactly as scheduled to swap tanks.

But, think about it. What constitutes service for a propane supplier?  Basically, it means not letting your tank run dry. I am monitoring my tank level now and will notify Ferrell's if it gets low.

- Rich Hansen

David Polzine

Nov 24, 2012, 3:52:00 PM11/24/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
I haven't had to make use of it yet, but the driver who delivered my first tankful said that in an situation where someone is out or endanger of running out, they'll come out even on holidays and deliver. They're coming all the way from Oakland so its a longer trip than a local yard but it sounded good to me. That said, I've always done it on call so I'm always pretty aware of how much I have.

For what its worth,
David

Dale Dallas

Nov 24, 2012, 3:55:01 PM11/24/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Rich and David,

Thanks much for your feedback...much as I'd expected.  I plan on taking the risk and joining this venture...

Dale

Den Artman

Dec 2, 2012, 7:02:39 PM12/2/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Dale,

I live in Pineridge also and have just signed up.  i am told they are delivering the tank and transferring the propane from my old tank this Wednesday, December 5.

Let's keep updating this site to insure we all are aware of any issues and or positive comments related to Ferrell gas service as we move forward.

Regards,

Den Artman
30 Charles Drive

On Friday, November 23, 2012 2:51:55 PM UTC-8, Dale D. wrote:
Hello all,

We're in the Pineridge area (off of Empire Grade) and are considering switching providers. I just talked with Suburban (our current provider), and then with Lisa, who was covering for Dionne K.  The concern raised by Suburban (after admitting that they're having a hard time figuring out how FerrellGas is able to provide the rate they're offering us)... is whether FerrellGas can provide adequate service, given their lack of a local yard. Lisa agreed that it is a concern, but that I should check with my neighbors to see how things are going...thus this email.

I've already completed the survey for this group, and am FAXing the docs to FerrelGas as soon as I finish this posting.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience so far...

Dale D.

Dale Dallas

Dec 3, 2012, 1:25:38 PM12/3/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Den...I agree with your suggestion.  They may be doing my tank that day as well...

Dale D.
101 Paul Way

Bonnie

Dec 4, 2012, 1:44:28 PM12/4/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
To all
I am having my tank delivered on Thursday a.m., existing gas transferred and  with an introductory fill at $1.699.

Bonnie B.

suzanne

Dec 6, 2012, 5:22:54 PM12/6/12
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday we had our old tank swapped out, replaced with same capacity new tank. Ferrellgas driver and partner arrived fifteen minutes early and had swapped the tank and transferred existing fuel (50%) in less than an hour. Very personable, cleancut fellows who are delighted to be working for Ferrellgas. They told me Ferrellgas plans to have a local depot in place by spring.

Today another driver came and filled the new tank. Again, very personable and courteous. He also said they are really excited to have the Bonny Doon Co-op's business. As with my telephone dealings with the Elk Grove staff, my impression of Ferrellgas is one of satisfaction for their friendliness and professionalism. I was told they are swapping tanks three days a week and getting numerous calls by new and potential customers.

Our first fill price was 1.699/gal.