Chrome not displaying page??

Kevin

Jan 12, 2011, 7:45:52 PM1/12/11
to BoltWire
I've noticed using Chrome (most current version), that sometimes going to the domain without a page, the page will load, but not display. All you see is a blank page.  If you look at the browsers page source, it is all there.  Looking at the logs, I can see no difference in what is being served.

It appeared to have something to do wit some types of JavaScript, but that turned out to be a red herring.

Curious if anyone else is seeing this.  I personally, don't use chrome often, but noticed it when testing other browsers and had a user tell me they were having the same problem.

Using 3.4.14

Example Page: http://www.accessibledreams.org/main

Sometimes, reloading the page works... sometime going there works, but then reloading doesn't... Each time, the view source shows the browser has the proper page and code...

BTW.. all other browsers work without issues...

Markus Weimar

Jan 13, 2011, 1:38:20 AM1/13/11
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Chromium 8.0.552.231 (69188) did not display your page. Not even after
reloading. The source was loaded.

I am using 3.4.11 and my site is loading in Chromium.

Regards,
Markus

Martin

Jan 13, 2011, 2:43:33 AM1/13/11
to BoltWire
Checked with 8.0.552.237 (OSX).
It does load your homepage initially with the base url (not /main).
After clicking through the pages /main will load too.
Maybe a htaccess file would help.

Greetings, Martin

On 13 Jan., 07:38, Markus Weimar <m...@markusweimar.de> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Chromium 8.0.552.231 (69188) did not display your page. Not even after
> reloading. The source was loaded.
>
> I am using 3.4.11 and my site is loading in Chromium.
>
> Regards,
> Markus

Kevin

Jan 13, 2011, 2:49:17 AM1/13/11
to bolt...@googlegroups.com

There is an htaccess file because I am using cleanURLs.  Other browsers don't have this problem.however, only Google Chrome.

Most of my other sites don't do this either which is strange.

The Editor

Jan 13, 2011, 10:44:24 AM1/13/11
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Kevin, I've looked at it and refreshed several times. Sometimes it
loads, sometimes it doesn't. My guess is it is something in the skin.
I use Chrome all the time, and I have never had that happen. No idea
what it might be, but try another skin and see if it doesn't load...

Just an idea!

Cheers,
Dan

Kevin

Jan 16, 2011, 2:45:35 PM1/16/11
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Seems that some JavaScript was causing this problem.

In the head section of the skin I had added:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/noenter.js" ></script>

Which points to a js script which contains:

function stopRKey(evt) {
var evt = (evt) ? evt : ((event) ? event : null);
var node = (evt.target) ? evt.target : ((evt.srcElement) ? evt.srcElement : null);
if ((evt.keyCode == 13) && (node.type=="text")) {return false;}
}

document.onkeypress = stopRKey;

Only Chrome seems to have problems with this... IE, Safari, FF etc... don't

The code is to prevent enter when someone is filling out a form.  Will look for an alternate.

The Editor

Jan 17, 2011, 9:57:32 AM1/17/11
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Sorry wasn't able to be more help with this, but I'm glad you solved
the problem.

Cheers,
Dan

Ryan McGuire

Sep 12, 2013, 1:29:07 PM9/12/13
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a similar problem.  I am thinking it's spyware.  I recently uninstalled a toolbar malware that was resetting my search engine to yahoo.com.  When I load a new tab, it will show it has finished loading, but nothing will display.  It will display an image of the tab that was previously on the screen or blank.  However...it always works when I go to certain main sites.  Like google.com or yahoo.com.

Kevin Reed

Sep 12, 2013, 4:08:09 PM9/12/13
to BoltWire
The issue was identified as a bug with Google Chrome and fixed itself on the next release.

--
Kevin Reed
TNET Services Inc.

Ryan McGuire

Sep 12, 2013, 4:13:19 PM9/12/13
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Well mine is doing what I described now and I have the latest release.  Really frustrating when you're trying to get stuff done at work.  I typically have 15 tabs open at a time without problem.  Now it doesn't matter how many, it just loads but does not display the page.

Sincerely,

Ryan J. McGuire

Dennis Strickland

Oct 17, 2013, 10:13:36 AM10/17/13
to bolt...@googlegroups.com
Mine is doing this for some pages. I just loaded the latest version and some of the pages that were not displaying are now displaying, but others that were displaying are now not.  Everything works in other browsers.  What changed?

Thanks,
Dennis Strickland

The Editor

Oct 17, 2013, 11:58:13 AM10/17/13
to BoltWire
If someone can share more info about the chrome bug, I'll look into it and see if there is something we can do with BoltWire to accommodate the problem.

I should point out though that I use chrome all the time (also have a chromebook) and use multiple BoltWire site nearly every day and have never noted this issue. My guess is there is some non-compliant code in a custom skin or plugin or something that is causing Chrome to cough. Just a quess though.

When you say you loaded the latest version do you mean latest BoltWire or latest Chrome?

Cheers,
Dan