Request: An option to pause computation when screen is on and device is not daydreaming

Phoenix

Oct 15, 2015, 6:02:42 AM10/15/15
to BOINC Android Testing
I've grown rather fond of the Daydream screensaver in newer Android releases, but it has been eating into my BOINC credit, as I keep the "Pause computations while screen is on" setting enabled, to keep my device nice and snappy. However, I really don't need performance for Daydream mode, and it would be nice to see a setting that would allow computations while in Daydream mode, regardless of the current "Pause computations while screen is on" setting.

Is this something that could be added?

Yavanius Gekkō Misuto

Oct 16, 2015, 2:08:24 AM10/16/15
to Phoenix, BOINC Android Testing
You could set BOINC to always run when plugged in and then set it to pause at a low CPU use %, maybe 20%, so it'll have a minimal impact on the phone if you need to use it...

Yv