POGS requiring 953mb of storage space

David Chubrick

Jul 1, 2015, 5:51:45 PM7/1/15
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com, yava...@gmail.com
I talked with Alex at Skynet POGS about an issue in which attempting to attach to the project results in a message that the project requires 953mb of space.

Alex has verified that it shouldn't take anywhere near that amount and I checked when I squeezed POGS in that nothing near that amount was being used by BOINC.Until the exact amount of free space is available (not even 1 mb short), BOINC refuses to download the project.

Once I squeeze it in, there doesn't seem to be issues once it is running. However, it seems if the WUs are allowed to run out and you attempt to get more work later on, BOINC starts asking for all that space again and absolutely will not get any new work. If you make the space available, it seems like it is downloading everything again even though the client is already attached. I have noticed that other projects will sometimes do this too if you haven't recently run work from them. I don't know offhand if it is downloading the actual project client, but it is more than just simple work. I can't say with certainty that it's not due to new client versions, but my gut feeling says it's not.

David