Android Crunching 24/7 not running on all cores

cristi purdel

Aug 5, 2015, 5:19:45 PM8/5/15
to BOINC Android Testing
I have an issue with 2 samsung smartphones running on stock with 4 cores, not running on all 4 cores while in stand-by.
I have already checked from Developer Options limit background processes to 4 at most (I hope it is connected to the 4 cores) but what I am seeing while running on wcg, is that in sleep mode, only 25% of the cores are active. Even if all 4 cores are allocated to crunch, only 1 is "allowed" to run.
I also tried nativeBOINC, but I cannot turn off the screen, and the device gets too hot.
Any advice on how to crunch on all 4 cores, while the screen is off, and there is no throttling in the background?