Remote access

ChristianVirtual

Jun 12, 2017, 5:25:17 PM6/12/17
to BOINC Android Testing
On a non-rooted device (KitKat 4.4) how can I get to know the gui_rpc password ? I want to connect via remote calls on port 31416; which works well against Linux, Mac right now for my purpose. But no idea how to construct the authentication handshake without the passphrase.

David Anderson

Jun 12, 2017, 5:44:33 PM6/12/17
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com
BOINC for Android does GUI RPCs on (local) pipes, not sockets,
so it can't be controlled remotely.
This was done to provide the impression of greater security.
A future Android version will allow for remote control.
-- David

ChristianVirtual

Jun 13, 2017, 11:01:26 AM6/13/17
to BOINC Android Testing
Thanks David for the confirmation ... at least it's clear; though not desired.