Boinc 7.4.x and HTC One S on Android 4.1.1 showing text as White text, on a whiteish background.

Stephen Maclagan

Jan 25, 2015, 11:04:43 AM1/25/15
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com
On my 2012 HTC One S running Android 4.1.1, the recent Boinc's from sometime before Christmas (I think),
has been showing some text as a White font on a slightly less white background,

The Task Tab displays O.K,

The Notice Tab has all the Text in White, except for the url's which are greenish/blue,
the date/time is shown in a black text

On the Projects Tab, all the Project names are shown in White,
while my handle, status, and credit lines are in black text.

On the individual project Tabs, all the text is shown in White Text, the url in blue.

On the preferences Tab everything is in black except for the following:

'Daily transfers limit'

'Power sources for computation'

'Min battery level'

'Pause at CPU usage above'

'Max used storage space'

'Min spare storage'

'Access interval'

'RAM limit'

'Boinc Client log flags'

'GUI log level'

On the Event log Tab all the text in the Client messages, and the GUI Messages is White too.

On my Android 4.4.4 and 4.4.2 devices the text displays normally.

Claggy

Lleyton J

Jan 27, 2015, 9:09:52 PM1/27/15
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com
My Xperia E with 4.1.1 has no issues. Must be something with your phone...

Stephen Maclagan

Feb 4, 2015, 11:32:38 AM2/4/15
to Lleyton J, boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com
More likely just with HTC's implementation of Android 4.1.1, I've already reported, and had fixed the Invisable Battery power source selection:

android: bugfix. layout problems on HTC devices when rendering dialog with checkboxes, ticket #1348.

then there was the 'flashing' notification on some HTC devices:

This is just another Bug particular to certain devices that requires finding and fixing.

Claggy

Stephen Maclagan

Feb 11, 2015, 8:20:00 AM2/11/15
to Lleyton J, boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com