Boblight running over OSMC

mene...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2015, 9:13:46 AM10/15/15
to boblight
Hi everyone.

I have been using Raspbmc during last 2 years with boblight addon (I have 50 leds connected to an Arduino MEGA) and it works great

Now I'm trying to update my Media Center to OSMC and everything it's OK about KODI, it runs as in my old Raspbmc but, BOBLIGHT is not working!!!

Everytime I turn on my Raspberry Pi B+ I've a message from KODI

XBMC Boblight
This addon needs a binary library
Please read the README file
for getting some more instructions

When I read that file I interpret that I have to download source code (from GIT I suppose), and do these steps:

$./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr
$ make && sudo make install

Can anyone help me?
Is possible to execute boblight addon over OSMC?

Thanks to everyone for help me and excuse me about my worst english but, as you had guess, I'm not british...

mickael....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2015, 2:00:01 PM11/29/15
to boblight
I did install osmc then boblight on my raspberry pi 2 and I get the exaclty same message.
I'm gonna try to use openelec with a clean installed.

I made a new boblight.conf. I think the problem is maybe on that file because I don't know where to put in osmc by ssh.

I would be glad to know why some libraries are requiered

hanseu...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 3:19:16 AM4/27/16
to boblight, mene...@gmail.com
2015년 10월 15일 목요일 오후 10시 13분 46초 UTC+9, mene...@gmail.com 님의 말:
시간이 많이 흘렀지만 혹시 해결하셨었나요??...저는 라즈베리파이로 osmc깔아서 boblight설치중에
> This addon needs a binary library
> Please read the README file
> for getting some more instructions
저또한 같은 경고창이 뜨네요...3일동안 구글을 뒤져도 해결이 되지않아 혹시나 해서 메일합니다.. 좋은하루되세요

sse...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 2:00:31 AM6/2/16
to boblight, mene...@gmail.com

Here's what I did to compile 'libboblight.so' on OSMC:

> $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
> $ wget https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-source/v2/code.google.com/boblight/source-archive.zip
> $ unzip source-archive.zip
> $ cd boblight/trunk

> $./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr
> $ make && sudo make install

(Boblight + LightPack + RasberryPi 2)

dan...@danielwardzynski.com

Oct 3, 2016, 11:34:35 PM10/3/16
to boblight, mene...@gmail.com

I have tried using:

> $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
> $ wget https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-source/v2/code.google.com/boblight/source-archive.zip
> $ unzip source-archive.zip
> $ cd boblight/trunk

> $./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr
> $ make && sudo make install

But unfortunately when I am running:
./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr
I get the error message:
checking for main in -lusb-1.0... no
checking for libusb_error_name in -lusb-1.0... no
checking libusb-1.0/libusb.h usability... no
checking libusb-1.0/libusb.h presence... no
checking for libusb-1.0/libusb.h... no
configure: error: Missing a required header, please install it

What can I do?