Boblight with HDMI source

drag...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 3:09:11 PM10/8/14
to bobl...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone !
Yesterday I realize an ambilight with WS2801 led strip and connected with arduino at a Raspberry Pi. I use Boblight and it's work !
But today, I want to use Boblight with an USB Grabber to connected other Video source and use led too.

I want know, if it's possible with Boblight and How ?

Thanks !

( i'm a french boy, sorry for my bad english ... )

guddimon

Oct 8, 2014, 4:47:35 PM10/8/14
to bobl...@googlegroups.com, drag...@gmail.com
Hi,

I just tried Google. Unfortunately it is a German forum, but maybe it is possible for you to understand Googles translation of it: http://www.forum-raspberrypi.de/Thread-boblight-fuer-hdmi-quellen
At least it is possible ;-)

If you still got questions about it, I hope I can help you.

Good luck!

drag...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 7:27:38 AM10/9/14
to bobl...@googlegroups.com, drag...@gmail.com
I hava a problems with your tuto. the first web site to download bob light is dead and without, I cant't install videobuf etc...

If somebody can help me ... thanks :)

guddimon

Oct 9, 2014, 8:32:48 AM10/9/14
to bobl...@googlegroups.com, drag...@gmail.com
puh .. I'll try to find some time this evening ..

guddimon

Oct 9, 2014, 10:47:44 AM10/9/14
to bobl...@googlegroups.com, drag...@gmail.com
Found some time earlier than expected ;-)

If I understand you correct, you've got a running boblightd. So all that is missing is a working video grabber.
I don't have anything like that running at home, so I can only try helping you. But I'm sure that we will get this running ;-)

Todo:
- Get the needed hardware:
    - USB video grabber
    - HDMI-to-Composite converter
    - HDMI splitter
- connect the hardware accordingly
- on the system where the grabber is connected to, you need to install:
    - boblight-v4l (if you don't have it, you can compile it from the sources)
    - usbutils (needed for communication with USB-devices)
    - a proper driver for your video grabber (you need to know at least vendor and model)

The first two steps should be pretty easy. Regarding the third, it may help searching the web a little bit.

I googled a bit and found a fork of the original boblight source.
    Original: https://code.google.com/p/boblight/
    Fork: https://github.com/werkkrew/boblight-archarm

According to the description of the fork I have found, there are some optimizations and corrections inside. So, I would prefer this one to use. Also, there is a nice HowTo about installing ;-)
After compilation you should have a boblight-v4l present in your system.

So .. there is only one thing left: the driver for your video grabber :-)
Do you already know the vendor and model of it? Did you try google to find some driver?

lee6...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 11:56:28 PM3/1/15
to bobl...@googlegroups.com
trying to get my Raspberry Pi to work with my led completely lost does anyone have a step-by-step tutorial how to do that where the wires go from the lighting on to the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins having trouble getting Hyperion onto the Raspberry Pi to run my lights configuration been at it for about a week please can someone help me a step-by-step tutorial would be wonderful if someone has that

Bidul

Sep 9, 2015, 5:41:11 AM9/9/15
to boblight

http://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre/xbmc/xbmc-boblight-openelec-ws2811-ws2812/