Troubleshooting USB Connection? Can't get any test signals to work.

Brett James

Apr 4, 2015, 1:25:50 PM4/4/15
to bobl...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I've had it working on Prismatik on Windows as a test fine (sample pattern displays fine and in full color), and wanted to move it to a Kodibuntu distro, which is pretty much Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I've followed through mostly this guide:
https://www.blinkstick.com/products/blinkstick-pro   (being careful to grab the lightpack config from elsewhere, for a single device)
And I get no color changes with my Lightpack. Not even dim lights.

I tried to test outputting red to the lightpack ( boblight-constant FF00FF ), and that did not change anything, no lit up pixels on that sytstem.

What could I look at to help determine why it isn't working for me? If I can send a test signal out the rest should fall in place. So I'm guessing a usb problem of some sort?

I have ensured boblightd is running by checking sudo service boblight status (and it is)

I checked the boblight addon in Kodi, and of course it isn't working yet.