Can't Access Voxforge DB

Niloo Ravaei

Apr 4, 2017, 2:06:26 PM4/4/17
to bob-devel
Hi,

I'm having problems installing the database.

When I run verfiy.py it asks me for a database.

I manually downloaded the voxforge database and created a ~/.bob_bio_databases.txt file because it didn't exist before (i used pip to install bob)

Then I added the following to that file: VOXFORGE_DB = /vagrant/bob.db.voxforge-2.1.2/bob/db/

But when I run databases.py it still doesn't show that the the database was added. It shows this:

atnt:
Original data: [YOUR_ATNT_DIRECTORY]

banca-audio:
Original data: [YOUR_BANCA_WAV_DIRECTORY]

timit:
Original data: [YOUR_TIMIT_WAV_DIRECTORY]

I don't know how to update this file or access this database.

When I run verify.py it still tells me I don't have a database defined.

Amir Mohammadi

Apr 4, 2017, 2:23:27 PM4/4/17
to bob-devel
Hi Niloo,

Please do not double post your questions. Also, if possible, use the same thread to discuss your issues.

bob.db.voxforge is just some code (~360KB) that is used to access the database in bob.bio.spear. It does not contain the actual WAV files of the database.

So what you need to is first make sure you have bob.db.voxforge installed.

$# always activate your environment before doing anything
$ source activate bob_py27
$ pip install bob.db.voxforge # forget your local download of bob.db.voxforge

now you need to download the actual audio files. This is explained in documentation of bob.db.voxforge: https://pythonhosted.org/bob.db.voxforge/index.html#getting-the-data

You should have learned by now that when our documentation says: "./bin/some_script.py" you should just run "some_script.py" because you used pip to install things not buildout.

which means you need to run:
$ download_and_untar_voxforge.py PATH/TO/WAV/DIRECTORY

and in your "~/.bob_bio_databases.txt" you point to PATH/TO/WAV/DIRECTORY

Anyways, running bob.bio experiments is a little hard to start at the beginning. I recommend that you start here: https://pythonhosted.org/bob.bio.base/ and feel free to let us know if you find something unclear and wrong in the documentation.

Thanks,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---