COHFACE dataset

Radim Špetlík

Mar 5, 2018, 6:27:14 AM3/5/18
to bob-devel
Dears,

I got access to the COHFACE dataset and I wanted to ask you, if the experiments reported in Heusch et al.: "A Reproducible Study on Remote Heart Rate Measurement" [https://arxiv.org/pdf/1709.00962.pdf] were performed on exactly the same data. Were the experiments performed on the compressed videos or on the raw videos please?

Guillaume Heusch

Mar 5, 2018, 9:00:28 AM3/5/18
to bob-devel
Dear Radim,

Experiments were performed on the exact same data you got. There is unfortunately no raw videos, due to the constraint imposed by the software to capture the BVP.

We are well aware that compression may affect the retrieved pulse signal (thanks for the link to the paper by the way). However, and to the best of our knowledge, there are currently no publicly available databases containing both uncompressed face video sequences with corresponding synchronized Blood Pulse Volume / Heart-rate measurements. Note that the MANHOB HCI Tagging database is compressed too.

Best,
Guillaume