Announcement: Do reproducible vein recognition with bob.bio.vein

André Anjos

Oct 23, 2017, 5:36:58 AM10/23/17
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We'd like to announce the immediate availability of bob.bio.vein - a set of algorithms and baselines for vein recognition using near-infrared imagery.

bob.bio.vein is open-source (GPLv3) and a direct successor of the now deprecated "xbob.fingervein" package by  Pedro Tome (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xbob.fingervein).

bob.bio.vein includes:

1. Database interfaces to UTFVP and Vera Fingervein
2. 3 baselines based on Repeated Line Tracking (Miura 2004), Maximum Curvature (Miura 2005) and Wide Line Detector (Huang 2010)
3. A number of preprocessing and matching strategies beyond the baselines above
4. Uses bob.bio.base as a base open-science framework so you can build your own systems on the top of the existing infrastructure

This version includes fixes and optimizations to Pedro's original work, including a bug fix on "Maximum Curvature" and sensible speed-ups to our implementation of Miura Matching. If you used "xbob.fingervein" before, we advise you take this new implementation to a spin.

To install this package, follow our stock installation instructions: www.idiap.ch/software/bob/install

Then, activate your environment and install bob.bio.vein alongside database interfaces you may be interested on:

(bob3) $ conda install bob.bio.vein bob.db.utfvp bob.db.verafinger

Continue your setup and run baselines by reading the package documentation: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.bio.vein/stable/

If you make use of this package on your paper, make sure to cite our original work at:

@inproceedings{Tome_IEEEBIOSIG2014,
       author = {Tome, Pedro and Vanoni, Matthias and Marcel, S{\'{e}}bastien},
     keywords = {Biometrics, Finger vein, Spoofing Attacks},
        month = sep,
        title = {On the Vulnerability of Finger Vein Recognition to Spoofing},
    booktitle = {IEEE International Conference of the Biometrics Special Interest Group (BIOSIG)},
       series = {},
       volume = {},
         year = {2014},
        pages = {},
     location = {Darmstadt, Germay},
          url = {http://publications.idiap.ch/index.php/publications/show/2910}
}

We also ask you to cite our papers that describe Bob (see BibTeX entries here: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/) as a base framework.

Please let us know of any feedback or input you may have,

Best, Andre

--
Dr. André Anjos
Idiap Research Institute