IJB-A evaluation

Abdullah Jamal

Oct 30, 2017, 5:01:36 PM10/30/17
to bob-devel
Hi Guys,

I have looked at the package for evaluating IJB-A dataset for 1:N protocol. I have got the results in NIST format which is a seven column format. I just want to know, is there any example regarding IJB-A evaluation?

Best,
Jamal

Amir Mohammadi

Nov 3, 2017, 10:33:38 AM11/3/17
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamal,

I don't know anything about IJB-A. We do not support the seven column NIST format either.
But, the evaluation functionality of bob is in bob.measure:
https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.measure/stable/index.html

Best,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Manuel Günther

Nov 3, 2017, 1:08:31 PM11/3/17
to bob-devel
Dear Jamal,

as Amir pointed out, we do not support the 7-column format of NIST. We have our own 4- or 5-column data formats, which we use in the bob.measure package. You can either convert the score file from 7 to 4 columns, or load the scores directly from the 7-column format and do the evaluation using the tools of bob.measure.

Note that we have a script to convert 4-column format into NIST's 6-column format, but not the other way round: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.db.ijba/master/guide.html#nist-score-generation
You might want to have a look into its implementation if this helps in writing your own conversion script: https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.db.ijba/blob/master/bob/db/ijba/scripts/score_generation.py

Once you have converted the score file, you can also use the ploting functionality from `bob.db.ijba`: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.db.ijba/master/guide.html#nist-specific-plots

Best regards
Manuel