Train UBM on Mobio audio data...

Marc Ferras

Sep 9, 2016, 9:33:44 AM9/9/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have been able to train a GMM-UBM on the Voxforge audio data using the
train_gmm.py script from bob.bio.gmm . I can't succeed in doing the same
for the audio part of the Mobio database. When I try using these
registered databases:

mobio-male
mobio-female

I get the following error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): unregistered extension: .png

I noticed that bob.bio.db defines mobio_audio_male and
mobio_audio_female in the file

bob.bio.db/bob/bio/db/default_configs/mobio.py

are mobio-male and mobio-female names for these audio databases or they
are image or video databases?

Indeed, train_gmm.py only recognizes the following databases:

-d x [x ...], --database x [x ...]
Database and the protocol; registered databases
are:
['atnt', 'banca-audio', 'biowave_test', 'mobio-
female', 'mobio-image', 'mobio-male', 'nist_sre12',
'replay-licit', 'replay-spoof', 'timit',
'voxforge']
(default: None)

Thanks for your help,

- Marc

Amir Mohammadi

Sep 9, 2016, 9:57:05 AM9/9/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marc,

This could be due to several issues.

Have you updated your code to our recent master version? especially bob.bio.db and bob.db.mobio and bob.bio.base and bob.bio.spear
Have you gone through our buildout page? https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob/wikis/buildout
Have you tried running ./bin/buildout again?
What is the output when you do
./bin/resources.py --types d
./bin/resources.py --types d --details
If --details fails, you can look into the develop.cfg file in bob.bio.db (to download all other databases)

Best,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Sep 9, 2016, 10:10:10 AM9/9/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marc,

For this particular task, train UBM with mobio, do you really need to rely on the master branch?
If not, you can use the spear in our conda environment.

If so; please use the entry points 'mobio-audio-male' or 'mobio-audio-female'.
Don't forget to set the path of the audio dataset in the .bob_bio_databases.txt.

After that, you will face issues with the loading functions in the preprocessor.
This is a missing bit that I will take care until the next week, I didn't have time to finish this.

To solve this issue in YOUR working copy, you can paste this code in `bob.bio.db.MobioBioFile`

'''
    def load(self, directory=None, extension='.wav'):
        rate, audio = scipy.io.wavfile.read(self.make_path(directory, extension))
        # We consider there is only 1 channel in the audio file => data[0]
        data= numpy.cast['float'](audio)
        return rate, data
'''

Any question, let me know.

Cheers

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.

Tiago

Marc Ferras

Sep 13, 2016, 5:52:10 AM9/13/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Tiago,

the voxforge database directory should be written in a file called .bob_bio_databases.txt? Should this be the content?

       [YOUR_VOXFORGE_WAV_DIRECTORY] = /idiap/resource/database/VoxForge/audio/original/Trunk/Audio/Main/16kHz_16bit

verify.py reads this file automatically?

It seems that using the option to verify.py

   --database-directories-file filename.txt

worked for newer versions of bob, but it does not for the latest version in conda.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

- Marc
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.

Amir Mohammadi

Sep 13, 2016, 6:05:41 AM9/13/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

The "~/.bob_bio_databases.txt" should be in your home directory.

Best,
Amir