Complete example of evaluating model at IJB-A

Bartosz Ludwiczuk

Oct 2, 2017, 11:17:32 AM10/2/17
to bob-devel
Hi,
I would like to evaluate my model at IJB-A and I found that bob have API for this dataset. But I cannot find any full example what I should do to evaluate my model.
I just do this and I do not know what is next step. I also found bob.metrics, but not sure what is right pipeline.
My use case is following:
1. I have my own face-detection  and align algorithm
2. I have my own CNN model, which is used to extract features

For me the easiest will be using my extracted features as numpy array and use them to get score, is it possible?
If not, how should I run everything to get final score?

Amir Mohammadi

Oct 2, 2017, 11:51:59 AM10/2/17
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you please let us know what framework you are using? Caffe, tensorflow, ...?

The general guide on how to use bob databases is available here:
https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.db.base/stable/
Especially when it talks about pipelines.

We also have a generic biometric recognition framework/pipeline called bob.bio.base:
https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.bio.base/stable/index.html
This package is probably what you want to use but learning to use it takes time and patience.
It has tons of documentation.

I suggest you start with Bob's documentation: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/documentation to make sure you get the basic stuff. Then, go to bob.db.base and then bob.bio.base. Spend a lot of time to understand the docs in bob.bio.base.

Then, you can check out bob.bio.face, bob.bio.caffe_face, and bob.ip.caffe_extractor.
We have bob.ip.tensorflow_extractor too but it is private. We maybe able to make it available for public too if there is a demand.

There is also a recent paper that we published around bob.bio.base where its code is available here: https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.paper.icml2017  In there, you can see how a VGG face model is integrated into the bob.bio.base framework. It's a simple integration of a CNN model without using the bob.bio.caffe_face package.

You can use our webpage: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/ to find more general information.

Best,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---