Failing image processor tests using bob.chapter.FRICE experiments

Eric

Nov 9, 2016, 1:14:22 PM11/9/16
to bob-devel
Hi,

I am trying test the experiments described in  "Face Recognition in Challenging Eviroments: An Experimental and Reproducible Research Survey" using the bob.chapter.FRICE library provided in PyPI. I am installing it without the CSU toolbox. I have only been able to succed to install the last version of each part of the BOB toolbox. The problem is that once I have finished the installation, when I perform the nosetest indicated on the documentation, the image processor ones fail.

bob.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_imports ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_bin ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_image_resolution ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_image_preprocessor ... FAIL
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_configuration_optimization ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_occlusion ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_expression ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_pose ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_mobio_image ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_lfw ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_mobio_video ... ok
bob
.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_youtube ... ok
FAIL
: bob.chapter.FRICE.tests.test_image_preprocessor
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/case.py", line 197, in runTest

self.test(*self.arg)

File "/.../bob.chapter.FRICE-1.0.3/bob/chapter/FRICE/tests.py", line 55, in test_image_preprocessor
    _call
([executables['image_preprocessor'], '-x', 'evaluate', '-w', tmp])

File "/.../bob.chapter.FRICE-1.0.3/bob/chapter/FRICE/tests.py", line 30, in _call

assert subprocess.call(cmd, stdout=q._stdout, stderr=q._stderr) == 0, "Command line failed: %s" % command_line(cmd)
AssertionError: Command line failed: /.../bob.chapter.FRICE-1.0.3/bin/image_preprocessor -x 'evaluate' -w /tmp/bobtest_1cHSrs.pdf

Looking into the code the problem seem to be that the last version of bob.bio.base-3.0.0 does not include the class DatabaseBob of previous versions necessary to run the comand:

./bin/image_preprocessor -x 'evaluate' -w

I have tried, but I did not make to install the previous version of bob.bio.base. Is it necessary to pass this test in order to run the experiments? Is there any solution to this issue?

Manuel Günther

Nov 28, 2016, 4:27:15 PM11/28/16
to bob-devel
Dear Eric,

thanks for showing interest in our work. Indeed, the problem is most probably due to the latest packages. We are currently working on the image preprocessor part. Indeed, using the latest versions (particularly of the bob.bio framework), I obtain the same error -- actually I even get more errors.

So, why are you not able to use the pin-pointed versions? What kind of error do you get while installing the package? Maybe, we can solve this issue instead...

Manuel