Face recognition with sunglasses/glasses

Fede Ruiz

Aug 19, 2016, 8:31:00 AM8/19/16
to bob-devel
Hey. I'm developing  a project that's using two open source face recognition apis: Openface and OpenBR. In my experience, Openface is pretty good at handling sunglasses/glasses while OpenBR is substantially less accurate if people are wearing glasses, and useless if they're wearing sunglasses. I'm planning on adding a third api to make the recognition more robust. How does BOB do with sunglasses, glasses and facial occlusions in general?

Thanks for answering.

Sebastien Marcel

Aug 19, 2016, 9:07:33 AM8/19/16
to bob-devel
Hi

you may refer to this book chapter
with the Bob satellite package https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bob.chapter.FRICE to re-run the experiments
that is using the Bob face recognition routines https://pythonhosted.org/bob.bio.face/

The book chapter compares different algorithms on multiple datasets under different factors such as illumination, pose, expression and occlusion (in particular sunglasses).

Enjoy !