For further information about bob.bio, please read its Documentation

Cheng Zhang

Dec 2, 2017, 1:07:06 AM12/2/17
to bob-devel
Dear all
In https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bob.bio.spear the link of the "its Documentation" turns to be "404 not found"
what can I do?

best regards!

André Anjos

Dec 2, 2017, 5:28:34 AM12/2/17
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cheng,

Thanks for letting us know, we'll fix it.

Meanwhile, you can use the colour badges on the top of that page to access the documentation. The one that says "docs | 3.1.1" takes you to the documentation of the stable version related to the PyPI page. The one that says "docs | latest" correspond to the tip of development.

Thanks, André

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Dr. André Anjos
Idiap Research Institute
Centre du Parc - rue Marconi 19
CH-1920 Martigny, Suisse
Phone: +41 27 721 7763
Fax: +41 27 721 7712
http://andreanjos.org

Cheng Zhang

Dec 4, 2017, 2:04:30 AM12/4/17
to bob-devel
Dear André Anjos
 Thank you very much for reply my question so quickly! and I run the command on the spear document like:
$ verify.py  -d voxforge -p energy-2gauss -e mfcc-60 -a gmm-voxforge -s ubm_gmm
I do not use the --groups {dev,eval} because it turns to be error

the result is displayed above, it do not change any more,is it healthy?
thank you
best regards!
在 2017年12月2日星期六 UTC+8下午6:28:34,André Anjos写道:

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Cheng Zhang <a5113...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all
In https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bob.bio.spear the link of the "its Documentation" turns to be "404 not found"
what can I do?

best regards!

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.

Alain Komaty

Dec 4, 2017, 5:15:59 AM12/4/17
to bob-devel
Hi Cheng Zhang,

I don't see any error in the displayed screenshot!
Can you be more precise about what is the error you're encountering?

And the option --groups is responsible for specifying for which set the models and scores should be generated; by default, only the 'dev' group is evaluated, but if you want also get models and scores for the eval set, then you should use --groups {dev,eval}

For more info about the verify.py command, please refer to --verify.py --help

Best,
Alain

Manuel Günther

Dec 4, 2017, 12:13:27 PM12/4/17
to bob-devel
Dear Cheng,

Actually, you should use
--groups dev eval
and not
--groups {dev,eval}

While I am not sure if the latter works, the former is definitely the supported option.

Also, with regards to your screenshot: What you show there are info level log outputs. These are enabled with the `-vv` option. If you don't want to see these messages, remove the `-vv` option. But in this case, you will not see any status message while the experiment is running.

Best regards
Manuel

Cheng Zhang

Dec 5, 2017, 3:28:12 AM12/5/17
to bob-devel
Dear Alain Komaty

Thank you for you reply.
I am developing a voice-verification system using spear with my own data.
Is there any code or file which I can take as instance?
How much data is enough for me to create i-vectors obtained by a joint factor analysis?
Best Zhang Cheng

在 2017年12月4日星期一 UTC+8下午6:15:59,Alain Komaty写道:

Alain Komaty

Dec 6, 2017, 8:56:03 AM12/6/17
to bob-devel
Dear Zhang Cheng,

If you want to use your own data, you have two options:
  1. create a database interface for your data and use it the same way as you use other databases in verify.py (highly recommended)
  2. load your data files manually, then create your own script using bob classes, but this option is complicated and your code will be hard to maintain and debug in the future.
Regarding how much data is enough for i-vectors, I don't have a precise idea, but you need a good amount of data.

Best,
Alain