Bob Satellite Package Development - creating console scripts

Nesli

Mar 12, 2015, 9:04:31 AM3/12/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.

Following the instructions first on:
and then on:
I tried to get a small working package for face detection using the new Bob.

So, my buildout.cfg looks like:
[buildout]
parts = scripts
extensions = bob.buildout
newest = false
eggs = bob.io.image
            bob.ip.facedetect
            bob.ip.draw

[scripts]
recipe = bob.buildout:scripts

At this point,
$ python bootstrap-buildout.py
$ ./bin/buildout
builds fine with no problem.

Then, I wanted to add my own scripts. So, drafted the following setup.py:

from setuptools import setup, find_packages
setup(
    name='bob.face.detect',
    version='1.0.0a',
    description='Face detection using Bob',
    license='GPLv3',
    author='Nesli Erdogmus',
    author_email='m...@email.com',

    packages=find_packages(),
    include_package_data=True,
    zip_safe=True,

    install_requires=[
      "setuptools",
      "bob.io.image",
      "bob.ip.facedetect",
      "bob.ip.draw",
    ],

    namespace_packages = [
      'bob',
      'bob.face',
    ],

    entry_points={
      'console_scripts':
      [
        'face_detect.py = bob.face.detect.face_detect:main'
      ],
    },

    classifiers = [
      'Framework :: Bob',
      'Development Status :: 4 - Beta',
      'License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v3 (GPLv3)',
      'Intended Audience :: Education',
      'Intended Audience :: Science/Research',
      'Natural Language :: English',
      'Programming Language :: Python',
      'Programming Language :: Python :: 3',
    ],
)

But unfortunately, running again
$ python bootstrap-buildout.py
$ ./bin/buildout
didn't get me "from nothing to everything". I am still missing bin/face_detect.py

I also tried
$python setup.py build
but no luck.

What am I missing? Thank you.
Nesli

André Anjos

Mar 12, 2015, 9:23:21 AM3/12/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You need to indicate to buildout that, on the current directory you have "buildout.cfg", there is also a valid python package you are developping - it is not automatic.

Just add a single line on the "buildout" section of "buildout.cfg" that says: "develop = ."

Andre

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Dr. André Anjos
Idiap Research Institute
Centre du Parc - rue Marconi 19
CH-1920 Martigny, Suisse
Phone: +41 27 721 7763
Fax: +41 27 721 7712
http://andreanjos.org

Nesli

Mar 12, 2015, 9:45:30 AM3/12/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andre.

But adding "develop = ." did not work.
Instead, I tried adding "bob.face.detect" to the "eggs" list under [buildout] section. Then the script was generated (both with and without the "develop = ." line).

Nesli

André Anjos

Mar 12, 2015, 9:51:15 AM3/12/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com