How to create a bob interface - bob satellite package - for a new database ?

Cat Le

Jan 30, 2015, 1:04:26 AM1/30/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am Cat from Multimedia University, Malaysia. I am currently collaborating with Sebastien Marcel (IDIAP) in bringing a Subtle Emotion database - CASME 2 into bob as a satellite package. I have gone through short-course and basic tutorial in BoB wiki-page and now I am looking into implementation of the satellite package for CASME II database. Please help point to out to where I should start.

Thanks.

André Anjos

Jan 30, 2015, 4:30:10 AM1/30/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Cat Le <lengo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am Cat from Multimedia University, Malaysia. I am currently collaborating with Sebastien Marcel (IDIAP) in bringing a Subtle Emotion database - CASME 2 into bob as a satellite package. I have gone through short-course and basic tutorial in BoB wiki-page and now I am looking into implementation of the satellite package for CASME II database. Please help point to out to where I should start.

Constructing a database access package should be a simple task. A database access package is just a normal Bob satellite package, that includes APIs for querying and providing access to the raw data available on such a database.

There is a detailed guide explaining how to create new packages: http://pythonhosted.org/bob.extension/index.html

Further, you have a great number of simple to more sophisticated bob database examples in our package page: https://github.com/idiap/bob/wiki/Packages (look for bob.db.* packages). Just choose the package that most resembles your use-case and cannibalize it to do what you need.

Andre

--
Dr. André Anjos
Idiap Research Institute

Cat Le

Jan 30, 2015, 6:40:24 AM1/30/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi André,

Thanks for the hints. I start doing simple tasks related to BoB first such as creating a satellite database before doing more complicated ones. If I have any more questions in creating a database package, I will post in this thread again.

Regards

Cat Le