How to add a custom database

ankit.gau...@itbhu.ac.in

Oct 24, 2016, 7:39:39 AM10/24/16
to bob-devel
Hi, I want to add custom databases to bob.bio.face. But when I read this line

When you instantiate a database, you have to specify the base directory that contains the file lists.

I want to know where to specify the base directory and what to do after specifying that as till now I was just adding built in databases in buildout.cfg file and using bin/buildout to build. But now I am finding it extremely difficult to add a custom database to bob.bio.face.

Thanks

Manuel Günther

Oct 24, 2016, 12:58:49 PM10/24/16
to bob-devel
Indeed, the project is not really designed to work on your own dataset, it is rather designed to compare your new algorithm on existing databases, and compare your results with other algorithms.

But, creating your own dataset is possible. The most simple way would be to create a filelist database https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/latest/bioidiap/bob.db.bio_filelist/master/guide.html, and create the according database interface in `bob.bio.face`.
Unfortunately, the example got lost during our latest refactoring of the code, see: https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.bio.base/issues/52

Maybe, you should wait until we have resolved this issue.

Best regards
Manuel