bob.core Installation on CentOS 6.5

Steven Lobo

Mar 21, 2015, 4:18:19 AM3/21/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
 I have trouble compiling bob.core on Centos 6.5. The issue is same as mentioned in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/bob-devel/boost/bob-devel/g5Kg73zNij4/bjPxWS0XFk4J.

The maximum boost available for Centos 6 x86_64 is boost-1.41.0-25.el6.x86_64
. The disable warnings.hpp  file is not found in this version of boost. So I am getting errors while compilation.

Please help me to solve this issue. I searched a lot for 1.44 boost rpm for cents , but I found only 1.41 as the latest version.

Thanks
Steven.

Laurent El Shafey

Mar 21, 2015, 5:00:17 AM3/21/15
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tried the instructions here?
http://joelinoff.com/blog/?p=1514

I did succeed in installing bob on Centos 6.6. However, I doubt that
this is doable with the old stock version of gcc on 6.5, unfortunately.
Blitz requires
a compiler able to interpret complex expression template. I had to
upgrade both gcc and booost on my side.

I may try to generate a patch to handle the boost header issue that is
mentionned in the given thread. But not sure that this would solve all
the problems.

Cheers,
Laurent