Couldn't find a distribution for bob.bio.db

ankit.gau...@itbhu.ac.in

Sep 23, 2016, 7:09:36 AM9/23/16
to bob-devel
When running step 4 of http://pythonhosted.org/bob.bio.csu/installation.html

I am getting 'Couldn't find index page for bob.bio.db'. I also see this package is not in github repo. So what could be the cause of this error.

Not showing the full log as it is too long when running step 4

Couldn't find index page for 'bob.bio.db' (maybe misspelled?)
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/: timed out -- Some packages may not be found!
Getting distribution for '
bob.bio.db'.
Couldn'
t find index page for 'bob.bio.db' (maybe misspelled?)
While:

Installing.

Processing develop directory '/home/lab/bob.bio.csu-2.0.3/src/bob.bio.base'.

Getting distribution for 'bob.bio.db'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'bob.bio.db'.

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Sep 23, 2016, 7:16:22 AM9/23/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hey ankit,

I think you are using bob.bio.csu from master branch.
The master branches of our python packages are under constant modifications and you may see more bugs than usual.

I recommend you to use our stable releases.
You can checkout the last tag of the package that you just cloned and bootstrap it again.
Cheers

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Tiago

Manuel Günther

Sep 23, 2016, 11:08:37 AM9/23/16
to bob-devel
Tiago, I don't think that he used the master branch, as for that he wouldn't have had the other issue -- as all files are in the git Repo, but they have not been all in the PyPI package.

Oh, I hope I haven't screwed it up yesterday. I have pushed a new version of bob.bio.csu to PyPI, where I have added the patch/__init__.py to the package. I have based the new version on whatever was on the old GitHub page -- as I know that you are currently working on a new version in the master branch.

So, Ankit, if the latest version (2.0.4)  on PyPI does not work either, would you try out the last version (2.0.3,) and apply the changes that I have reported in the other thread?

Thanks
Manuel

Manuel Günther

Sep 24, 2016, 3:25:25 PM9/24/16
to bob-devel
I think I know, what the problem is. The buildout.cfg is not up to date. In fact, in the buildout.cfg it is listed that all packages are checked out from github, instead of installing the stable versions from PyPI.

Could you try out this buildout.cfg:

[buildout]

parts
= scripts

eggs
=  bob.bio.base
        bob
.bio.face

PythonFaceEvaluation
        bob
.bio.csu

extensions
= bob.buildout

develop
= ${buildout:csu-dir}

.

csu
-dir = [PATH_TO_YOUR_CSU_COPY]

; options for bob.buildout extension
debug
= false
verbose
= true
newest
= false

[scripts]
recipe
= bob.buildout:scripts
dependent
-scripts = true

Note for the Idiapers: This should also be put into the bob.bio.csu in the new GitLab repo. The current version does not work as it does not include the ${buildout:csu-dir}, which needs to be developed as well in order to make it work.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Manuel