Which bob packages require pkg-config in their build process?

Amir Mohammadi

Apr 13, 2016, 1:18:37 PM4/13/16
to bob-devel
Hi,

Is there anyway to systematically list which bob packages require pkg-config in their build process?

Thanks,
Amir

Manuel Günther

Apr 13, 2016, 1:32:30 PM4/13/16
to bob-devel
$ cd bob.nightlies
$
grep "pkgconfig" `find layers -name "setup.py"`

;-)

Amir Mohammadi

Apr 13, 2016, 2:48:02 PM4/13/16
to bob-devel
Thank you Manuel,

But this will only return:

layers/0/bob.io.base/setup.py:from bob.extension import pkgconfig

layers/0/bob.io.base/setup.py: pkg = pkgconfig('hdf5')

layers/1/bob.io.audio/setup.py:from bob.extension import pkgconfig, find_library

layers/1/bob.io.video/setup.py:from bob.extension import pkgconfig, find_library

layers/1/bob.io.video/setup.py:libavformat_pkg = pkgconfig('libavformat >= 52.31.0')

Are you sure this is correct?

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Manuel Günther

Apr 13, 2016, 4:14:31 PM4/13/16
to bob-devel
Hmm... you are right. when I have a closer look into bob.extension, I can find that  pkgconfig is an integral part of the package handling in bob:
which is called for all packages:

Hence, I assume that all bob packages that rely on external (non-bob-, or maybe even bob-) packages use pkg-config.

Manuel Günther

Apr 13, 2016, 4:17:44 PM4/13/16
to bob-devel
BTW: @anjos I have seen that there are some old (bob 1-related) checks still inside bob.extension:
Can you please verify that this is outdated, i.e., as our bob 2 packages start with "bob." and not with "bob-"?

Thanks

André Anjos

Apr 14, 2016, 3:00:44 AM4/14/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM, 'Manuel Günther' via bob-devel <bob-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Can you please verify that this is outdated, i.e., as our bob 2 packages start with "bob." and not with "bob-"?

Can't recall if 'bob-' is not used still for pkg-config pkg files. Are they? If not - true, this should be outdated.

Dr. André Anjos
Idiap Research Institute
Centre du Parc - rue Marconi 19
CH-1920 Martigny, Suisse