SQL databases are not inside database packages anymore?

Manuel Günther

Nov 28, 2016, 4:36:02 PM11/28/16
to bob-devel
I have recently come across the problem that installing a bob.db package was not sufficient. The db.sql3 files do not seem to be included in a lot of databases anymore, so I had to run "./bin/bob_dbmanage.py all download" in order to obtain the actual db.sql3 files.

My question is if this is a desired property, or if the db.sql3 files are simply missing inside the packages on PyPI? If the former is the case, we need to update our installation instructions. If the latter is true, we need to upload new versions of these databases soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have a (complete) list of databases, for which the db.sql3 files are no longer in the PyPI package, but it it true for at least bob.db.multipy and bob.db.lfw, while it is inside bob.db.mobio.

Cheers
Manuel

Amir Mohammadi

Nov 28, 2016, 4:40:17 PM11/28/16
to bob-devel

Hi Manuel,

I remember I saw the same issue earlier. There is an issue open for it on bob.admin I guess. The short answer is that they should come with sql files. If not, it's a bug if that database unless the sql file is really large.

Best,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Nov 29, 2016, 1:55:18 AM11/29/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Yeap,

Check this issue (https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.admin/issues/25 and https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.admin/issues/22
We need to release a patch version of all datasets.

I will do it otherwise I will forget it again.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016, 10:36 PM 'Manuel Günther' via bob-devel <bob-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I have recently come across the problem that installing a bob.db package was not sufficient. The db.sql3 files do not seem to be included in a lot of databases anymore, so I had to run "./bin/bob_dbmanage.py all download" in order to obtain the actual db.sql3 files.

My question is if this is a desired property, or if the db.sql3 files are simply missing inside the packages on PyPI? If the former is the case, we need to update our installation instructions. If the latter is true, we need to upload new versions of these databases soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have a (complete) list of databases, for which the db.sql3 files are no longer in the PyPI package, but it it true for at least bob.db.multipy and bob.db.lfw, while it is inside bob.db.mobio.

Cheers
Manuel

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.

Tiago

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Nov 29, 2016, 4:50:12 AM11/29/16
to bob-...@googlegroups.com