Multiple files for enrollment

s...@oben.com

Jul 6, 2016, 7:24:02 PM7/6/16
to bob-devel
Hello,

I was running verification experiments with my own database
following the instructions.

However, it does not give details when I add multiple files for one model in the enrollment.
For example, some of the lines in my for_models.lst looks like

db/sp001/01    sp001  sp001
db/sp001/02    sp001  sp001
db/sp002/01    sp002  sp002
db/sp002/02    sp002  sp002

So, each model has two files for enrollment.

In this case, how is the verification system supposed to work?
I guessed it would concatenate the features from the two files, but maybe not..
It will be very helpful if there is a documentation to know the details.

Thank you!
Soo.

Manuel Günther

Jul 6, 2016, 7:56:50 PM7/6/16
to bob-devel
Indeed, the model enrollment usually accepts features from several images, which are combined in a way that is specific for the algorithm. For GMM, it will simply concatenate all the features from all images to enroll a single model for each model_id.
So, your file list should do what you want. You can try it out and see if you actually get one model for each model_id in the temp/[db-name]/[protocol]/models/dev directory.

I agree that this could be better documented. It is open source, so feel free to submit a pull-request.

s...@oben.com

Jul 7, 2016, 2:46:24 PM7/7/16
to bob-devel
I see, thanks!