Difference between .bnd file and .bndrun file

David Daniel

Oct 2, 2015, 3:36:08 PM10/2/15
to bndtools-users
Is there a difference for what belongs in a .bndrun file and what belongs in a .bnd file or did the .bnd file just replace the .bndrun file.

Neil Bartlett

Oct 2, 2015, 3:43:11 PM10/2/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
The bnd file is for building bundles and the bndrun file is for running.

On 2 Oct 2015, at 20:36, David Daniel <david.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a difference for what belongs in a .bndrun file and what belongs in a .bnd file or did the .bnd file just replace the .bndrun file.

David Daniel

Oct 2, 2015, 4:13:38 PM10/2/15
to bndtools-users
Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I was able to get my maven file generating my index but I was trying to figure out how to pull the enroute stuff into my project and I am just stating to learn bndtools.  I was trying to figure out the importance of the issue in the other thread with properties only being read from the bndrun file.  What I am taking out of it is as long as I run from eclipse rather than a unit test all should be ok, but I am curious how this effects my build if I am using the bnd-maven-plugin instead of the maven-bundle-plugin that does not need any bnd files.

Thank you for your time Neil

Neil Bartlett

Oct 2, 2015, 4:20:10 PM10/2/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
It’s true that maven-bundle-plugin doesn’t need a separate bnd.bnd file, but it still uses the same bnd instructions. They are just embedded inside the POM in an XML-ified format. Aside from that they work the same way.

Neil