bnd-export-maven-plugin

Milen Dyankov

Aug 23, 2016, 7:34:12 AM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I understand bnd-export-maven-plugin is not released yet and it will be in 3.3 release. However the question is if there a publicly available 3.3.0-SNAPSHPOT that I could use? I can of course compile / install locally but I'm preparing a OSGi workshop (Maven based) and would very much like to provide a parent POM that already have bnd-export-maven-plugin configured and not ask every attendee to install it locally.

Best,
Milen

BJ Hargrave

Aug 23, 2016, 8:13:28 AM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

BJ

Milen Dyankov

Aug 23, 2016, 1:22:53 PM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot BJ!
Well hidden but exactly what I was looking for :)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 2:13 PM, BJ Hargrave <b...@bjhargrave.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 7:34 AM Milen Dyankov <milend...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I understand bnd-export-maven-plugin is not released yet and it will be in 3.3 release. However the question is if there a publicly available 3.3.0-SNAPSHPOT that I could use? I can of course compile / install locally but I'm preparing a OSGi workshop (Maven based) and would very much like to provide a parent POM that already have bnd-export-maven-plugin configured and not ask every attendee to install it locally.

Best,
Milen

BJ

BJ Hargrave

Milen Dyankov

Aug 23, 2016, 4:34:18 PM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
One more question regarding the plugin if I may.

Why it uses StandaloneWorkspace? Or actually why only that? In my usecase I'd prefer to use the BND workspace if exists. I already made the change locally and it seams to work but not sure if this has some implications. If you don't mind making this configurable I can send a pull request.

Best,
Milen

BJ Hargrave

Milen Dyankov

Aug 23, 2016, 4:41:20 PM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Actually I kind of have both :)
Trying to make bnd/bndtools and Maven more aware of each other with some (questionable) success.
So the question is can we add this to the plugin or it's definitive no. I'll not push for it, I can implement it as separate plugin. Just thought I'll ask first if anyone is interested.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:36 PM, BJ Hargrave <b...@bjhargrave.com> wrote:
[...]

BJ Hargrave

Aug 23, 2016, 4:43:37 PM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
You are special! :-)

I think for now, it is better to keep the maven plugins focused on a maven driven build (no bnd workspace).

But this is my opinion and others in the project may feel differently. I know Peter has been working hard to allow Bndtools in Eclipse to support working with bndrun files in maven driven builds (no bnd workspace) to support resolving and running.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 4:41 PM Milen Dyankov <milend...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Milen Dyankov

Aug 23, 2016, 4:46:10 PM8/23/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
OK no problem, I'll keep it separate for now. You can always merge it later on if it proves itself useful. Thanks!

BJ

BJ

BJ

Milen Dyankov

Aug 24, 2016, 7:49:17 AM8/24/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
It just came to me that what I'm trying to do may be very close to what you say Peter is working on. Do you know if there is any publicly available concept/code/... I can have a look at?

BJ Hargrave

Aug 24, 2016, 10:27:48 AM8/24/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
The code is already in the bnd and bndtools repos. Not sure if there is any doc to explain it :-) Peter is the driver of this and would need to explain what is there so far. We are still working some issues on it at the moment though.

BJ

BJ

BJ

BJ