By default, ~/.bnd/settings.xml not read, like documentation implies?

t...@quarendon.net

Sep 19, 2016, 4:43:38 AM9/19/16
to bndtools-users
I've been trying to release to bundles with "gradle release", but have been having trouble with the authentication.

The documentation states that the ~/.bnd/settings.xml file will be read. As far as I can see it won't by default.

So if I set
-connection-settings: ~/.bnd/settings.xml

then release works. If I set
-connection-settings: ${.}/setting.xml
then it works.

If I leave -connection-settings unset, and put the credentials in ~/.m2/settings.xml, then it works.

If I leave -connection-settings unset, and put the credentials in  ~/.bnd/settings.xml, it fails.

Note, that I know my file is right, as
-connection-settings: ~/.bnd/settings.xml
works.

In all cases the content of the settings.xml file is the same.

A number of places in the documentation make reference to being able to use ~/.bnd/settings.xml, and how this is read ahead of ~/.m2/settings.xml, but as far as I can see this doesn't happen.

Am I misinterpreting?

Thanks.

Derek Baum

Sep 19, 2016, 4:45:56 AM9/19/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I think the doc is wrong.

I found it works if you put your settings in ~/.bnd/connection-settings.xml

Derek

t...@quarendon.net

Sep 19, 2016, 4:51:01 AM9/19/16
to bndtools-users, de...@baums.org.uk

On Monday, 19 September 2016 09:45:56 UTC+1, Derek Baum wrote:

I found it works if you put your settings in ~/.bnd/connection-settings.xml

Yep, you are right. Thanks.

There are a couple of places in the documentation where that is mentioned that need updating. One is in the OSGi enRoute MAven tutorial, and one is in the bndtools doc. I'll try and figure out how to get them fixed.

BJ Hargrave

Sep 19, 2016, 8:56:10 AM9/19/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

BJ