Trouble with bndlib and scr

David Leangen

Jul 11, 2017, 12:45:34 AM7/11/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

I am in th process of updating some of my dependencies. I am moving to use v2 of the enRoute distro, which contains biz.aQute.bndlib. (I am using some of the header-parsing code in bndlib.)

During resolution bndlib drags in an older version of SCR, so I am no longer able to resolve my distribution because the older version is not made available from my curated repositories. (I am using SCR v2.0.2.)

I tried adding this to the runblacklist, but no luck:

   osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.extender=osgi.component;version=[1.0.0,2.0.0))'

Any hints as to strategies I could use to fix this problem?

Cheers,
=David

Raymond Auge

Jul 17, 2017, 10:50:50 AM7/17/17
On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:45 AM, David Leangen <david....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

I am in th process of updating some of my dependencies. I am moving to use v2 of the enRoute distro, which contains biz.aQute.bndlib. (I am using some of the header-parsing code in bndlib.)

During resolution bndlib drags in an older version of SCR, so I am no longer able to resolve my distribution because the older version is not made available from my curated repositories. (I am using SCR v2.0.2.)

I tried adding this to the runblacklist, but no luck:

   osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.extender=osgi.component;version=[1.0.0,2.0.0))'

This line is broken! you've started with the osgi.identity namespace and in the filter directive switched to the osgi.extender namespace! That won't match any osgi.identity headers.

Secondly the version syntax is wrong for filters.

the whole line should probably look like this:

osgi.identity;filter:='(&(osgi.identity=org.apache.felix.scr)(!(version>=2.0.0)))'

Lastly, you'll want to make sure one of your repo's actually contains felix.scr >= 2.0.2

- Ray

Any hints as to strategies I could use to fix this problem?

Cheers,
=David

Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)
Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance (@OSGiAlliance)

David Leangen

Jul 17, 2017, 4:17:48 PM7/17/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Ray!

Hmmmm. Not sure what I was thinking at the time. That filter is pretty messed up. Discouraging that I still get blinded to copy/paste errors after all these years.

:-(

Cheers,
=David