Release 3.0

Peter Kriens

Sep 10, 2015, 1:25:20 PM9/10/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
It is final …

At the annual Hackathon in Beaulieu France we finalized the bnd(tools) 3.0 release. The 3.0 release is a pretty big release that contains hundreds of improvements and additional functionality.

We’ve release all files to https://dl.bintray.com/bndtools/bndtools/latest/ in the maven format and we’ll put it on the Eclipse market place soon.

Thanks for all the patches and support. Hope you’ll enjoy this release!

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

Christian Schneider

Sep 11, 2015, 3:41:40 AM9/11/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I just tried to install bndtools 3 from the update site you posted. I get this error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,org.bndtools.embeddedrepo,3.0.0.201509101609.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: c6e1caed56b5a4d8220fcb5c1d94fcaf and found 2e285d945afde2ec3772c3c28fc62de1.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Pierre De Rop

Sep 11, 2015, 3:44:52 AM9/11/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter;

I also got the same error that Christian reported;

/pierre

David Leangen

Sep 14, 2015, 3:54:30 AM9/14/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations!

And THANK YOU for all the hard work. I personally feel that this is important work, so I am very grateful for these efforts. :-D

Cheers,
=David

Sascha Homeier

Oct 7, 2015, 7:01:01 AM10/7/15
to bndtools-users
Also thx very much from my side.

Just using bndtools 3.0 for developing single sourced applications (Desktop (Eclipse RCP) and Web (Eclipse RAP)):
With PDE, Tycho, p2 and target platforms this was a pain, with bndtools 2.x antidepressants were no more required during development ... but with bndtools 3.0 sun is shining brighter, flowers smell better and colors become more intense ;)

Awesome feature is the 'repo' directive for bundles on -buildpath/-runbundles:
By using this feature I can simply create two bnd files for each target:
One for Desktop RCP by fetching the bundles from rcp repo and one for Web RAP by choosing rap repo. This way I can run both targets from a single workspace.
Afaik with PDE there you either need to have two Eclipse workspaces (one for each target with another target platform) or you always need to switch the target platform during development (*sigh*).

omg...no more "missing *feature.group.xxx " errors on target platforms ;)

Last nights I was dreaming of an own bndtools "product builder" which builds a Desktop app by resolving dependencies from OBRs instead of p2 (currently I need to build a p2 repository with ant eclipse app and then take this p2 repo as source for Eclipse *.product file to build my desktop app) ... ;)

Awesome release, mindblowing tool ;) ....thx very much guys