enRoute's Quick Start Tutorial Error

Νίκος Αγγελίδης

Aug 20, 2016, 9:36:12 AM8/20/16
to bndtools-users
Hello I try to make enRoute's Quick Start Tutorial but when I try to resolve so as to debug OSGi I get this error:

 org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Unable to resolve <<INITIAL>> version=null: missing requirement com.acme.prime.upper.application
->  Unable to resolve com.acme.prime.upper.application version=1.0.0.201608201330: missing requirement objectClass=com.acme.prime.upper.api.Upper

Any ideas?

Peter Kriens

Aug 22, 2016, 3:44:06 AM8/22/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
If you follow the QS tutorial literal then you should not be able to get this error.

What the error says is that your application bundle cannot be resolved.

missing requirement com.acme.prime.upper.application

This was the initial requirement. The last thing it tried was resolving the application project:

Unable to resolve com.acme.prime.upper.application version=1.0.0.201608201330

One of the reasons it failed was that it could not find the com.acme.prime.upper.api.Upper service.

 missing requirement objectClass=com.acme.prime.upper.api.Upper

So it seems that your component (UpperApplication) or another component in your application project has a service reference declared to an interface/class called Upper, something like:

@Reference
Upper upper;

However, there is no bundle in the workspace or in the repositories that provides an Upper service.

This is not part of the Quick start tutorial so you must have added some of your own ideas. The Base Tutorial does show you how to do all of this in detail though.

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens