Gogo Shell in Distro

David Leangen

Jul 19, 2016, 4:53:28 PM7/19/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi (Peter, probably)!

Is there a reason that org.apache.felix.gogo.shell was removed from the Distro?

In debug mode, resolution fails because of this:

debug-bundles: \
osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=osgi.enroute.webconsole.xray.provider)',\
osgi.implementation;filter:='(osgi.implementation=osgi.metatype)',\
osgi.implementation;filter:='(osgi.implementation=osgi.log)',\
osgi.implementation;filter:='(osgi.implementation=osgi.event)',\
osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=org.apache.felix.gogo.command)',\
——> osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=org.apache.felix.gogo.shell)', \
osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=osgi.enroute.base.debug.provider)'

I think it would be useful to keep it in the Distro. Any way of getting it put back?

BTW, I have had to move to master in most of my workspaces. Any ETA on the next release?

(Not meaning to be pushy, I know you’re very busy. :-)

Cheers,
=David

Derek Baum

Jul 19, 2016, 6:21:48 PM7/19/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
It’s been replaced with:

osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=osgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider)’

which provides command editing and history (although not in Eclipse console):

Derek

David Leangen

Jul 19, 2016, 7:07:43 PM7/19/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Thanks! That’s exactly the information I needed.

One problem when I run, though:

Status ERROR: bndtools.core code=0 Unexpected error java.io.IOException: Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/master/cnf/distro/osgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider/osgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider-1.0.0.jar failed and cache file /Users/dleangen/.bnd/cache/https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fosgi%2Fosgi.enroute%2Fmaster%2Fcnf%2Fdistro%2Fosgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider/osgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider-1.0.0.jar is not available or doesn't match the expected checksum, see log for details.,  null

When I try to download manually by right-clicking on the entry in the Repositories pane:

An internal error occurred during: "Downloading repository entry osgi.enroute.gogo.shell.provider".
java.lang.NullPointerException

When I manually download the file (wget for example), I receive it with no problems, though.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
=David

Peter Kriens

Jul 20, 2016, 5:26:34 AM7/20/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, seems a caching problem. Try deleting the cache and restart.

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

David Leangen

Jul 20, 2016, 5:59:32 AM7/20/16