export bndrun missing bundles

Bryan Hunt

Sep 11, 2017, 5:23:48 PM9/11/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I have a bndrun file that I’m exporting to a jar file either through the UI or gradlew. The jar file that is exported is missing two bundles. Any ideas on what is going on or where to look for more info?

Bryan

Bryan Hunt

Sep 11, 2017, 5:43:08 PM9/11/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, I failed at my grep-foo.

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 4:23 PM, Bryan Hunt <bh...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have a bndrun file that I’m exporting to a jar file either through the UI or gradlew. The jar file that is exported is missing two bundles. Any ideas on what is going on or where to look for more info?
>
> Bryan

Bryan Hunt

Sep 11, 2017, 6:47:53 PM9/11/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
This is looking like a Docker bug. If I build from a docker container, the jar files are missing from the export. If anyone is interested. Here’s the bndrun:

-runrequires: \
osgi.identity;filter:='(&(osgi.identity=ch.qos.logback.classic)(version>=1.1.7))',\
osgi.identity;filter:='(&(osgi.identity=ch.qos.logback.core)(version>=1.1.7))'
-runbundles: \
ch.qos.logback.classic;version='[1.1.7,1.1.8)',\
ch.qos.logback.core;version='[1.1.7,1.1.8)',\
slf4j.api;version='[1.7.22,1.7.23)'
-resolve: auto

Here’s the result from running ./gradlew export.test on my mac:

jar -tf test.jar
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
aQute/
aQute/launcher/
aQute/launcher/pre/
aQute/launcher/pre/EmbeddedLauncher.class
jar/
jar/biz.aQute.launcher-3.4.0.jar
jar/logback-classic-1.1.7.jar
jar/logback-core-1.1.7.jar
jar/org.apache.felix.framework-5.6.6.jar
jar/slf4j-api-1.7.22.jar
launcher.properties
start
start.bat

Here is the result from running ./gradlew export.test from a docker container on my mac:

jar -tf test.jar
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
aQute/
aQute/launcher/
aQute/launcher/pre/
aQute/launcher/pre/EmbeddedLauncher.class
jar/
jar/biz.aQute.launcher-3.4.0.jar
jar/org.apache.felix.framework-5.6.6.jar
jar/slf4j-api-1.7.22.jar
launcher.properties
start
start.bat

Bryan Hunt

Sep 11, 2017, 10:24:59 PM9/11/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Turns out that the problem can only be reproduced when running under Docker and using our Nexus server as a proxy for Maven Central. If I run under Docker and use Maven Central, the build works correctly.

Bryan Hunt

Sep 12, 2017, 9:52:04 AM9/12/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I have this down to a fairly simple example. Do you have any interest in working with me to root-cause?

Bryan

BJ Hargrave

Sep 20, 2017, 1:05:37 PM9/20/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Sure. So the issue is that the export works on your desktop but does not work when run from inside a docker container?
BJ