build with gradle and mockito

hubis...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2017, 3:12:59 AM12/28/17
to bndtools-users
Hi there, I'm new here.
In my company, we are using bndtools.
I am struggling to create a new project in eclipse that needs to be built with gradle.
For now I have used the bnd plugin from pelagic.
The issue is that I need to open a command line console to launch gradle commands.
Do you know a way to do that but by using the gradle eclipse plugin (buildship) ?
Otherwise I am struggling to launch test with mockito when I execute the builde with the command :  gradle build
It doesn't find mockito and throws a classNotFound exception. I tried to add the dependancy but I am new with gradle too ...

Is there a better aletrnative than using the plugin I used (https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/bndtools-workspace-pelagic)  and can you give me some pointers on how to achieve my goal ?
Best regards

Peter Kriens

Dec 29, 2017, 3:32:18 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I could point you to the enRoute website because it is all explained in the tutorials  but the OSGi has deprecated these without having an alternative …

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

David Leangen

Dec 29, 2017, 3:44:05 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

I could point you to the enRoute website because it is all explained in the tutorials  but the OSGi has deprecated these without having an alternative …

Could you explain what you mean?

Do you mean that enRoute itself is deprecated? Or support for gradle? Or something else?

Just very curious. :-)

Thanks!
=David

Peter Kriens

Dec 29, 2017, 4:07:29 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I’ve no idea what’s happening, just noticed it myself when I tried to fetch the URL …

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

David Leangen

Dec 29, 2017, 4:09:57 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Are you referring to this somewhat cryptic message?

The OSGi Alliance is working towards the release of the R7 version of the OSGi specifications. enRoute will be updated to align with R7 so please expect significant changes to enRoute examples and website content. Current enRoute website content and repos will be deprecated, though they will remain available for the foreseeable future. Migration guidance will be provided for users with current enRoute based applications and systems. Please e-mail any questions to the developer mailing list (osgi...@mail.osgi.org) or in confidence to he...@osgi.org.

I’m not entirely sure what that means, either...

Cheers,
=David

Peter Kriens

Dec 29, 2017, 4:10:50 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Yup …

David Leangen

Dec 29, 2017, 4:12:57 AM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Yeah… that’s not very reassuring.

Is there anybody who is able to shed a little light as to what is going on?

Thanks,
=David

Tim Ward

Dec 29, 2017, 6:33:32 PM12/29/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
The message seems relatively clear to me.

“The OSGi Alliance is working towards the release of the R7 version of the OSGi specifications. enRoute will be updated to align with R7 so please expect significant changes to enRoute examples and website content.”

I read that to mean “The OSGi R7 release is due out soon and contains a lot of new stuff which will be useful to enRoute. The OSGi Alliance are in the process of updating  enRoute to use this new stuff, and the changes are likely to be big.” This isn’t a big surprise based on the topics of talks from the OSGi Community Event.

“Current enRoute website content and repos will be deprecated, though they will remain available for the foreseeable future.”

I read this to mean “We are warning you that the existing enRoute pages and repos will be replaced, and while these things will still be available in future they will not continue to be developed. If you are starting now then consider waiting for what’s coming”

I read this as “We are here to help, talk to us if you have questions.”

Do people have more specific questions? It sounds as though the OSGi Alliance are happy to answer them.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

David Leangen

Dec 30, 2017, 9:29:02 AM12/30/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks.

If your interpretation is accurate, then that is indeed reassuring. Looking forward to seeing how this works out and resolving the current uncertainty.

Best,
=David