Use Template or Copy

Paul F Fraser

Aug 10, 2017, 7:42:06 PM8/10/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a need to create many of enRoute projects that are "initially", copies of each other.

At present I am creating a new enRoute project and creating new packages and copying the project
files from an original. Very time consuming, and annoying.

In past discussion on this list we have discussed a process for copying projects which consisted of
copying the project in the git repository and renaming.

Then importing the renamed project. In this case the renamed project is not recognized.

I think it is something to do with the Eclipse project but not sure where it should be registered.

The other option is to use bndtools template functionality which I cannot work out how to use and
cannot find explanatory info anywhere.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial or instructions for using the custom template technique it
would be most appreciated.

I am using bndtools 3.3-REL.

Thanks

Paul Fraser

Paul F Fraser

Aug 12, 2017, 3:30:37 AM8/12/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Duh..

To use the copy technique all that is needed is to change the project name in the .project file.

Info about using templates is to be found
https://github.com/bndtools/bndtools/tree/master/org.bndtools.templates.template/shared

Paul

Tim Ward

Aug 12, 2017, 7:51:08 AM8/12/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
You can also do this using the "Rename" function in Eclipse after a copy/paste.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone