Unable to execute the bnd command 'package' anymore

Peter Kirschner

Jul 13, 2017, 9:39:42 AM7/13/17
to bndtools-users
Hello,

After removing the JPM repos and dependencies, I'm not able to package *.bndrun files as jars anymore from cmd/sh execution.
Export via Jar Button inside bnd Editor is working fine.

The command which worked before was

java -jar cnf\plugins\biz.aQute.bnd\biz.aQute.bnd-3.1.0.jar package -o myApp.jar myApp.bndrun

Now I only get

Errors
000: Cannot find /error/ch.qos.logback.classic;version=[1.1.3,1.1.4) Not found in [bnd-cache]
001: Cannot find /error/ch.qos.logback.core;version=[1.1.3,1.1.4) Not found in [bnd-cache]
002: Cannot find /error/com.google.inject;version=[3.0.0,3.0.1) Not found in [bnd-cache]
003: Cannot find /error/com.google.guava;version=[14.0.1,14.0.2) Not found in [bnd-cache]

I'm using the following repo types inside the build.bnd
  • aQute.lib.deployer.FileRepo
  • aQute.bnd.deployer.repository.FixedIndexedRepo
  • aQute.bnd.deployer.repository.LocalIndexedRepo
The bundles which are not found are inside the FixedIndexedRepo and can be opened from inside Eclipse.

Any hints are welcome.

David Leangen

Jul 13, 2017, 4:10:03 PM7/13/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I don’t know about the command, but sometimes it helps to delete the file cnf/cache. Did you try that?

Cheers,
=David

Peter Kirschner

Jul 14, 2017, 9:10:21 AM7/14/17
to bndtools-users
Hi David,

gave it a try. But still the same error.

David Leangen

Jul 14, 2017, 9:29:41 AM7/14/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

If you removed those required bundles from your old repo, did you add them to a different repo? bnd will need to be able to find those bundles, so they need to be in at least one of your repositories.

In lieu of JPM, you could use one of the Maven repos. There are some tutorials on the enRoute website that explain them pretty well.

Sorry if I am still misunderstanding. :-)

Peter Kirschner

Jul 16, 2017, 1:45:01 PM7/16/17
to bndtools-users
Hi David,

the bundles are contained inside a p2 repository. I created an example, where it works as designed.

It uses the Eclipse p2 repositories via a fixed indexed p2 repo.
The repo contains a minimal Eclipse RCP app and an ant script to export it as fat jar.

Everything works as fine.
Now I will dig into my others workspace problem.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Peter Kirschner

Jul 16, 2017, 3:02:32 PM7/16/17
to bndtools-users
Finally I found the culprit also inside my other workspace.
The execution/working dir of the java runtime during the bnd package cmd must be the bnd workspace folder.