Maven transitive dependencies

Jens Kübler

Apr 11, 2017, 1:55:06 PM4/11/17
to bndtools-users
Hi

I'm having a hard time figuring out how I would add a library that has numerous transitive dependencies through maven.
Do I really need to add every library by hand or am I missing something.

Maybe someone can give me a hint.

Kind Regards
Jens

Timothy Ward

Apr 12, 2017, 5:50:16 AM4/12/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How are you launching your framework? Are you using a bndrun file? Resolving a bndrun file can be done using bndtools, or using the latest snapshot of the bnd-resolver-maven-plugin. As an input to the resolver you’ll need a repository - you can easily create one of these using the bnd-indexer-maven-plugin, which by default will create an index of your project’s dependencies, including transitive dependencies.

Is that enough of a hint? If not then I may need some more context.

Regards,

Tim

Christian Schneider

Apr 12, 2017, 6:03:31 AM4/12/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I used the approach with the index plugin and the resolver plugin in this project:

This is how to create the index:
https://github.com/cschneider/osgi-chat/tree/master/packaging/index

and this how to use it in a bndrun:
https://github.com/cschneider/osgi-chat/blob/master/packaging/rsa.bndrun
https://github.com/cschneider/osgi-chat/blob/master/packaging/all/chat-all.bndrun

There is also thea bnd plugin that can be directly pointed to a pom but in version 3.3.0 I had some issues with it.

Christian

http://bnd.bndtools.org/plugins/maven.html
--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Jens Kübler

Apr 15, 2017, 10:36:05 AM4/15/17
to bndtools-users
Thanks for the hints. That did the trick