resolve priorities

Milen Dyankov

Sep 17, 2017, 7:17:18 AM9/17/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Say I have a bundle that
 - imports a package P
 - requires capability C

If none is present and I try t resolve it, it has 2 reasons to fail - can't find the package and unsatisfied requirement.

Is there any way to influence in which order those are checked? In another words, can I somehow make sure that the error is "can not resolve C" and not "can not find P"? If not can I somehow get both?

Best,
Milen

Peter Kriens

Sep 18, 2017, 5:16:28 AM9/18/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
You cannot get both nor can you control the order … The resolver tries all combinations and then gives up on one of the potentially many paths it could take.

To find problems, I generally try to first resolve a bundle on its own and then its requirements one by by one. It would be nice if someone could improve this UI. I once had a discussion with Neil to check each repository entry against the current repository. He made the changes in the GUI to make it possible to show a red, yellow, or  green light but I never got around to do the resolve work to know this state.

Ah well, wonders of open source …

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens