runbundles gradle task is trying to copy JARs from my workspace

Dan Gravell

Dec 16, 2016, 11:03:44 AM12/16/16
to bndtools-users
My runbundles task suddenly stopped working. I ran with --stacktrace and it shows:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: During copy: /home/gravelld/eclipse-workspaces/bliss-neon/com.elsten.bliss.regexrule.trim/generated/com.elsten.bliss.regexrule.trim.jar

Why is it trying to copy from my workspace? Workspace is not included in the bndrun files' repositories. The above JAR is in the Release repository with the correct version number.

Can I trust this? I don't want it releasing development code without my knowledge.

The only reason I'm getting FileNotFoundException is because in development mode that bundle is not compiling. Has it been including development code since I started using the Gradle task?

Dan

Raymond Auge

Dec 16, 2016, 11:37:15 AM12/16/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Quoting myself:

> I'm not sure that your command line runbundles task will give you the option of ignoring your workspace repository. This is probably why you keep having interactions with the workspace projects instead of the released versions of those projects.

In the bndtools IDE you get the option of selecting which repos are used during resolve. I believe you can deselect the workspace repo. These settings _should_ persist into your bndrun file such that when you execute from the command line you get the same repos. Try removing the workspace repo in the IDE and seeing if that affects the result from gradle.

- Ray

Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)
Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance (@OSGiAlliance)

Dan Gravell

Dec 16, 2016, 11:42:09 AM12/16/16
to bndtools-users
The workspace repo is not in the set of repos in the bndrun file:

-runrepos: \
Release,\
Local,\
InfoRepositoryWrapper[1]

I'm going to 3.4 anyway now so will try there.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Dan Gravell <d...@elstensoftware.com> wrote:
My runbundles task suddenly stopped working. I ran with --stacktrace and it shows:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: During copy: /home/gravelld/eclipse-workspaces/bliss-neon/com.elsten.bliss.regexrule.trim/generated/com.elsten.bliss.regexrule.trim.jar

Why is it trying to copy from my workspace? Workspace is not included in the bndrun files' repositories. The above JAR is in the Release repository with the correct version number.

Can I trust this? I don't want it releasing development code without my knowledge.

The only reason I'm getting FileNotFoundException is because in development mode that bundle is not compiling. Has it been including development code since I started using the Gradle task?

Dan

Dan Gravell

Dec 16, 2016, 11:46:08 AM12/16/16
to bndtools-users
Oh, hang on, 3.4 isn't released yet. After being burned before I'm not doing that again.

You're right, the gradle runbundles task appears to ignore runrepos . This would make it difficult to use for releases, no?

Raymond Auge

Dec 16, 2016, 12:23:51 PM12/16/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, what I meant was that in the IDE, on the Run editor's first tab there's a section called Repositories (upper left). That should list the repos used during resolve with check boxes as well as options to re-order them.

In the list should be the workspace repo (it's an internal repo to the bnd workspace model).

- Ray

Dan Gravell

Dec 16, 2016, 12:39:54 PM12/16/16
to bndtools-users
Yep - it's in the list but de-selected.

Dan Gravell

Dec 19, 2016, 8:47:14 AM12/19/16
to bndtools-users
I'll create a bug for this when I get the chance - seems a fairly big issue with using runbundles to me. To make it usable for actually releasing software I think you'd need to have only the cnf project and the project with the bndrun file in it...

Dan Gravell

Dec 19, 2016, 9:07:06 AM12/19/16
to bndtools-users