Default JRE Container Warning

David Leangen

May 25, 2015, 1:24:17 AM5/25/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Hello, List,

Eclipse is giving me this warning:

  "Eclipse: The .classpath contains a default JRE container: %s. This makes it undefined to what version you compile and this might differ between Continuous Integration and Eclipse"

The Internet brought me to this page:

Which leads me to ask on this group.

Does this mean that I'm using the default Mac compiler, which may be different from the compiler on my CI machine? And the warning is telling me that just because it compiles on my Mac, it may not necessary compile on the CI?

If so, what would be a good practice to resolve any potential issues?

Cheers,
=David

Peter Kriens

May 25, 2015, 2:55:55 AM5/25/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
You want to specify an execution environment when you setup the container and not the default JRE. Your class path container definition in .classpath then looks like:

    <classpathentry
kind=“con"
path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.7”
/>

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

David Leangen

May 27, 2015, 2:28:49 AM5/27/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the hint!

(For some reason, emails from my usual client don't get accepted, so I am rewriting from the website. Hopefully my message won’t show up twice.)

For the curious, after a project has been instantiated, you can:

  Properties / Java Build Path / Libraries

  Select the Java library, then Edit

  Choose the Execution Environment

Cheers,
=David

David Leangen

May 28, 2015, 6:23:18 AM5/28/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much for the hint!

(Somehow, my mail never got sent, so I am rewriting. Hopefully it won’t show up twice.)

For the curious, after a project has been instantiated, you can:

  Properties / Java Build Path / Libraries

  Select the Java library, then Edit

  Choose the Execution Environment

Cheers,
=David

David Leangen

May 28, 2015, 6:23:18 AM5/28/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the hint. This put me on the right track, and the problems is solved.

For the curious: after a project has been created, it is possible to fix it with /Properties/Java Build Path, then edit the JRE, choose Execution Environment.

Cheers,
=David